reduce, reuse, Freecycle, recycle
After you’ve reduced your consumption, reused what you can, and before you send the leftovers to the recycling facility, consider Freecycling!
Freecycling is a free service that connects people with free resources to those who need/want them. The goal is to reduce waste, landfill use, and to create community.
This is how it works:
- Sign up for the email list that serves your area
- Read up on the guidelines for participating (they’re very simple, but important)
- If you have something to give away: post information to the email list
- If you see something you want: contact the person to arrange pick up
- If you are looking for something you want: post a “wanted” notice to the group
You can get your emails in a few different formats:
You can get each post in a seperate email, or you can get it compiled in what is called a “digest” (pictured at right). Choose which is easiest for you to manage.
-thanks to AmeriCorps friends who turned me on to this-